- Fixed-Term Contract / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Finance Analyst to work at our customers site in Derby on a 9-12 months contract basis.
The Finance Analyst will make an invaluable contribution by providing financial analysis and insights that improve performance and support strategic decision making.
Role title : Finance Analyst
Contract duration – 9-12 months
Contract type – PAYE via Umbrella – INSIDE IR35
Hours – 37 hours Days (overtime achievable)
Location – Derby
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working with the Business Support Team (BST) to ensure collective on time delivery of the BST’s deliverables (to include reporting, reconciliations and other activities), preparation of month end statutory actuals and communication of any issues liaising with HQ, Finance Service Centre or external auditors where required.
- Decision support and scenario analysis as requested by the Business and Business Partners, in line with agreed timescales.
- Leading the preparation of forecasts, including setting timetables, communication of any issues, preparation of reporting packs and leading the consolidation and input into VBM.
- Maximising the use of standardised models, ensuring the accuracy, meeting of deadlines and ensuring that all work is compliant.
- Actively working with the business and associated finance business partners, supporting the Improvement Journey to Process Excellence and pro-actively engaging in improvement activities.
- Participating in and helping drive forward the Finance Service Delivery Model, to help prepare the business for growth and efficiency.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferred).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Forecasting, budgeting and cost accounting experience.
- Knowledge of financial systems (SAP/HFM).
- Contract review process experience.
- Basic experience in preparation of Business Evaluations/ business cases.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Eager to find out more? For an informal, confidential conversation about this role or to discuss other opportunities at Assystem within the Energy & Nuclear market please get in touch with Daniel Brookes directly.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.