Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for an experienced External Communications Specialist to work on our customers site in Derby on a contract basis. 9-12 months.
Reporting into the Communications Business Partner, you will help raise awareness of the business’s products, services, and projects among key media titles and external stakeholders in the UK & internationally.
The successful candidate will be an experienced communications professional who is able to contribute to the business beyond their functional role.
- Job title: External Communications Specialist
- Location: Derby
- Sector: Nuclear and Defence
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Duration: 9-12 months
- Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Future Programmes and Innovation teams, you will design, create and deliver integrated communications campaigns that support the drive to cement the business as the Nuclear Thought Leader in the UK and beyond.
- Identifying key media and marketing opportunities for the UK and Rest of World markets and presenting them in a compelling manner to influence key decision making both internally and externally as appropriate
- Providing communications expertise across the business unit and maintaining effective working relationships and ensuring consistency with wider Defence and Corporate Communications teams
- Supporting the business in events activity, providing collateral and ensuring maximum exposure.
- Planning and executing short, medium, and long-term communications and media relations plans/strategies, aligned and in partnership with the Defence Communications team.
- Engaging and building relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, industrial partners and media to promote and increase understanding of the business, its capabilities and priorities
- Managing content for digital platforms, graphics and literature
- Supporting the Head of Marketing & Communications in the capacity as Media Officer on the company’s Incident Management Team, ensuring the prepared Crisis Communications plan is followed, drafting reactive statements and handling media enquires as required
What we are looking for in applications:
- Media relations experience
- Understanding of the Defence industry
- Excellent at building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships both externally with media contacts and international partner companies, and internally across all levels of the organisation
- Strong writing skills, with broad experience of drafting press materials, features for marketing brochures and magazines, event scripts and speeches
- Experience creating and executing short, medium, and long-term communications and media relations plans
- A high level of exposure of using digital and other media outlets
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Support Engineer (STP & Sewerage)-Mechanical
Internal Finance Auditor