Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
Environmental Consents Manager – Milton Keynes/Hybrid
Your responsibilities as an Environmental Consents Manager consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Lead Permanent works consenting strategy ensuring consents are delivered on time and in collaboration with the wider consenting and environment team, including engineering disciplines.
- Provide appropriate assurance and checks so that consents packages created by Designers (temporary works) and the Construction Environment team are of sufficient quality to be submitted to the consent granting bodies.
- Assist the designer in the maintenance of the consents register ensuring it is suitable for distribution to the client.
- Ensure that relevant application forms are registered in the package in the Master Information Delivery Programme (MDIP) and uploaded onto BIMXtra.
- Work with Planners and the Engineering team to ensure that the programme is effectively communicated and collaboratively work to ensure that environmental timescales are built into the programme and risk is understood.
- To support other environmental activities that may be required as reasonably demanded by your line manager.
- Assist with the implementation of BS EN ISO14001 certification and audit against the standard and internal procedures.
- Support supply chain activities to raise environmental and sustainability standards.
- Ensure that the Engineering team and any Supply Chain understand the environmental aspects and impacts and what action is required of them.
- Lead by example and promote good practice relating to environmental management & sustainability, sharing best practice and learning.
- Increase environmental awareness within the wider team.
Key Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the application of environmental legislation for large scale infrastructure projects in the UK.
- Be meticulous in checking detail whilst recognising delivery priorities, programme need and the anticipated volume of work
- Working under deadline pressures Have good inter-personal skills and be able to develop and maintain good relationships and networks
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience of influencing and negotiating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and the ability to extract key points and communicate this to others.
- Degree in an Environmental discipline desirable.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body working towards chartered status
- Design teams, Construction Teams, Environment teams, Consents teams
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior
Highway Design Engineer
Highway Design Engineer