Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
We are recruiting for an Environmental Design Assistant, working with the Joint Venture team charged with the delivery of a section of HS2, the high-speed railway project, from Buckinghamshire to Warwickshire. Reporting to the Environmental Design Manager, the Environmental Design Assistant will provide a key link between various stakeholder and design teams.
- Assist in ensuring that key environmental designs are delivered on time and in collaboration with the wider design team, including engineering disciplines.
- Including attendance at IDR meetings, where appropriate.
- Assist in the management of design changes required as the project matures.
- Review the VVM for detailed design ensuring the evidence is provided and acceptable.
- Collaboration with the SCEW team.
- Work with Planners and the Engineering team to ensure that the programme is effectively communicated and collaboratively work to ensure that environmental timescales are built into the programme and risk is understood.
- Assist in the management of early warnings and chair risk reduction meetings to assist in their resolution.
- Assist in the maintenance the programme for reporting and demonstrating compliance with applicable legislation and industry best practice.
- Assist with the implementation of BS EN ISO14001 certification and audit against the standard and internal procedures.
- Support supply chain activities to raise environmental and sustainability standards.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Environmental Team, client, designers, community, stakeholder, and public relations managers to ensure the programme is achieved.
- Lead by example and promote good practice relating to environmental management & sustainability, sharing best practice and learning.
- Degree [or similar] level qualification in engineering/ environment or another relevant field.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Chartered Member of an appropriate professional body.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience of influencing and negotiating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and the ability to extract key points and communicate this to others.
- Experience of driving improvements to systems and processes.
- Good inter-personal skills and be able to develop and maintain good relationships and networks.
- Increase environmental awareness within the wider team.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Pavement Design Engineer
Process Design Engineer