Engineering Equipment Package Lead
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Engineering Work Package Lead
Location: Bristol, Aztec West / Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent
As an Engineering Work Package Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of nuclear power plant operating equipment from external suppliers to our clients.
Be part of our team, shaping the future of renewable energy and creating a lasting, positive impact.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary engineering teams to plan and perform surveillance and approval of contractor deliverables and design activities.
- Management of technical specialists to provide expert inputs, reviews, and technical issue resolutions.
- Provide leadership to engineering teams and engineering decision making activities, including consideration of commercial requirements and supplier/client relationships.
- Lead contract technical and project meetings
- Project management including task, resource, and budget planning.
- Collaborate with the responsible designer and client teams to:
- ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions/systems/structures
- communicate progress, risks, issues, and planning to support contract delivery
- Resolve multi-disciplinary technical issues and queries, including input to/ownership of resolving technical Open Points (OP), interface queries and Design Changes (UKDC)
- Review and approve contract amendments and exemptions (CTSs, ERs)
- Audit the contract holder
- Ensure quality and SHE (Safety, Health & Environmental) standards are maintained
- Relevant engineering degree
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on the systems, structures, or components of the common raft buildings
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of mechanical materials, in particular tanks and columns
- Experienced in the design of nuclear waste processing systems
- Experience on the design of the EPR process systems, or tanks, fluid handling systems and mechanical components
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (anchorages, civil work, piping, fluids, radioprotection, safety, systems engineering)
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear processing regulations
- Demonstrable experience of producing technical specifications
- Technical management of equipment supply contracts and contract forms such as NEC/FIDIC
- Knowledge of commercial contract structures and working practices, including supplier management
- Competent in use of IT applications e.g. MS suite, CAD
- Extensive leadership experience, managing teams, budgets, and third-party suppliers / contractors
- Project management skills, including delivery to time, cost, quality, and scope
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and collaboration experience
Help the UK reach our net zero ambitions—Hinkley Point C (HPC) will supply 3,200 MWe of carbon-free electricity within the next decade.
Join us in shaping the future of renewable energy and make a lasting, positive impact!
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.