Electrical Commissioning Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Day to Day Duties include:
- As an electrical commissioning engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of test specifications and commissioning instructions during preparation for commissioning, within the role you will evolve during the lifecycle of the project and combine technical knowledge with project delivery skills.
- At the early stages you will contribute to detailed planning and preparation. Following this, you will execute commissioning tests as part of a team and analyse the results to justify the readiness of the HPC units to safely enter commercial operation.
- Training and development will be provided to increase your skills and knowledge and ensure you are ready to start commissioning on site. As the team grows, there will be opportunities to grow and develop your career.
- Perform site testing safely and effectively, assist with the analysis of commissioning results, resolve problems and take responsibility for ensuring that deliverables supporting HPC commissioning are provided on time, in accordance with the Project’s requirements. This will include giving support to contract partners and taking part in contractual review and acceptance activities.
As a Commissioning Engineer you will:
- Develop commissioning documentation relating to commissioning testing and contribute to detailed planning while taking ownership of a programme of tests.
- Take part in the execution of site commissioning activities which may include supervision of contractor personnel to achieve safe commissioning of HPC systems.
- Provide information to assist the Test Team Leader and Commissioning Manager in meeting project level objectives and milestones, analyse commissioning results and provide reports on the outcome of tests.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Strong technical engineering skills based on electrical engineering discipline
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to others
- Delivery focus – either a track record of delivery or a delivery mind-set
- Experience of commissioning in nuclear, power generation or process industries
- Demonstrable history of working within safety and quality cultures
- Familiarity with safety case process and design substantiation
- Experience of delivering in complex project programmes
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the impact of change
- French language skills would be beneficial
- Full member (or working towards full membership) of an internationally recognised engineering body
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.