- Contracting / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is an International Engineering Consultancy with significant growth plans within our Energy & Infrastructure business here in the UK.
We are seeking an experienced Drawing Checker with expertise in American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) standards to join our team. The Drawing Checker will be responsible for reviewing and verifying engineering drawings for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with ASME standards. They will also work closely with engineers, designers, and project managers to ensure that all designs are functional and meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that drawings and documents are accurate, complete, and meet customer specifications.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure that all designs are functional and meet customer requirements.
- Identify and report any non-compliance issues to project managers and design teams for correction.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all drawings, revisions, and approvals.
- Participate in design review meetings and provide technical support as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with changes and updates to ASME standards.
The Drawing Checker will work in collaboration with a team of engineers, designers, and project managers. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organised, and have a strong understanding of ASME standards. They will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. If you meet these qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application today.
- Qualification in a Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering drawing review, with a focus on ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Strong understanding of GD&T, engineering principles and design practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work with complex technical documents.
- Proficient in CAD software (ideally Siemens NX) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you