- Contracting / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is an International Engineering Consultancy with significant growth plans within our Energy & Infrastructure business here in the UK.
In order to deliver the submarine and warship programmes, a significant programme of infrastructure investment is required on the client site. The ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’ (MIP) Business Unit has been established to support this.
One of the key scope elements within MIP is establishing a defuel capability for out of service submarines, which is delivered. This work comprises of a number of interrelated projects to develop various multi-disciplinary infrastructure systems.
The Dock Readiness project is delivering the infrastructure upgrades for the existing dry dock that will be used for the submarine defuels. The dry dock is within a nuclear licensed site.
Multiple work packages form the Dock Readiness project. This role is part of that Engineering Team that is delivering the designs for each of those work packages.
The primary purpose of the role is to ultimately assist and support the Design Manager in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
- Provide leadership in the delivery of DSR updates through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
- Develop, lead and manage one or more technical packages agreeing project related objectives, managing performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
The candidate must have;
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary engineering activities through design, implementation and operation with a core focus on safety
- Understanding of the regulations around Nuclear Licenced Sites
- Knowledge of M&E building services design and installation
- Knowledge of Civil/Structural construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related facilities.
- Updating and authoring of technical documentation in support of the nuclear safety case(s).
- Understanding of the PRS process
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification & planning experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
The candidate will have a degree or equivalent in relevant engineering related discipline.
Preferably Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
Successful applicant should hold Sc clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.