Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
The design office manager/ business manager will be responsible for:
- The effective operation of each function of their allocated area to ensure it technicallyperforms within agreed budgets, objectives and the overall business plan.
- The preparation of budgets for submission to the relevant Head of Business Unit, including proposals for development and the acquisition of new equipment and skills.
- Reviewing and advising on new methods, procedures, computer software and information likely to improve quality in design.
- The setting-up and negotiation of Business Agreements with major existing and new customers.
- Proposal and Quotation Management.
- Contract management of orders to include negotiation of initial orders, amendments to orders, work variation payments and financial progress monitoring.
- Liaison with the HSEQ Manager to ensure that customer quality requirements are fully understood at the proposal stage and on receipt of orders.
- Ensuring that the customers’ requirements are being met and achieving maximum efficiency and economy compatible with the quality required by the customer.
- Assessing and monitoring the performance of staff and arranging for training of personnel in accordance with company needs in conjunction with the relevant Business Resource Manager and Human Resource Manager.
- Ensuring that necessary corrective actions, following internal audits, are initiated and promptly implemented.
- Ensuring that all security requirements are met.
- Ensuring that each department is adequately staffed and correctly organized, to achieve maximum efficiency.
Qualifications or equivalent experience
- Relevant engineering degree
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on the systems and components of the common raft buildings or of the balance of plant
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of EDF and Edvance engineering processes
- Knowledge of design activities performed on HPC and/or FA3 project
- Experienced in the management of design activities
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (interfaces with layout in particular)
- Demonstrable experience in the management of a design office and/or a business unit
- Demonstrable experience in the management of work packages
- Demonstrable experience in the management of a P&L
- Knowledge of HPC engineering sequencing and interfaces is an asset
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior
Highway Design Engineer
Highway Design Engineer