Design Manager – Water Retaining Boundary
- Contracting / Engineering / Technical
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Design Manager Water Retaining Boundary
The Major Infrastructure Projects directorate provides major new or upgraded dock, berth and building infrastructure projects to provide facilities for the ship and submarine sustainment programmes. As a Water Retaining Boundary Design Manager you’ll work with and manage a multi-disciplinary technical team to provide an overall capability.
Using your experience in facility upgrade or construction projects you will manage and review the design packages by subconsultants and work with users and other stakeholders to ensure that the integrated facility provides the required capability. You will use your Design Manager expertise to ensure the end product meets the technical and operational requirements of the facility.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career and assist in the delivery of Defence design and safety critical projects, with opportunities for further development and progression within the Company.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
As the Client-side Water Retaining Boundary Design Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the Water Retaining Boundary designs by the subconsultants. Ensuring systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE requirements. Support the delivery of the work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Management of the multidisciplinary design elements of the buildings, ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review of the overall design packages including safety functional requirements as defined in the Safety Case.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review integration of the designs with other design packages
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Business Management System and Technical Manual
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the consultant team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences:
The candidate should have experience of:
Design and construction of major civil engineering works, preferably in the marine environment. It would be a significant benefit to have experience on high hazard facilities in the nuclear sector.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Preferred Chartered Engineer, registered with appropriate body.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.