Senior Manager – Environmental Services
- Renewable Energies
- Permanent /
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
Assystem in Türkiye, is renowned for working with the public and private sectors. Specializing in ESIA studies, site investigations, and laboratory research, the company offers vital site supervision owners and lenders engineering services. Notably, Assystem in Türkiye plays a pivotal role in major projects like power generation, and the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
As a Senior Manager - Environmental Engineer at Assystem, you will play a pivotal role in leading our environmental projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with consultants, clients, and subcontractors in the conceptualization and execution of environmental projects.
- Overseeing the technical aspects of projects, ensuring adherence to defined scope, budget, and timelines.
- Conducting site visits, audits, and actively participating in client meetings.
- Evaluating projects in alignment with local and international environmental legislations.
- Writing ESIA reports and assessing written reports.
- Supporting the development of methodologies for new opportunities and contributing to technical and financial proposals.
Minimum of 10 years of experience: Extensive background in International Finance Institutions (IFIs) environmental and social standards, particularly with organizations like WB, IFC, EBRD, etc.
Active involvement in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and ESIA processes: Demonstrated experience in navigating and contributing to environmental impact assessments.
Language proficiency: Proficient in both written and spoken English and Turkish. Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
Communication skills: Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively engage with internal stakeholders, institutions, organizations, and authorities.
Team player: Ability to work harmoniously with international colleagues, fostering a collaborative team environment.
Multitasking abilities: Proven track record of managing multiple responsibilities concurrently.
International project experience: Familiarity with international project ESIA operations, related permit application processes, with practical experience in overseas projects preferred.
Willingness to travel: Ready for business trips, including travel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams effectively.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on technical excellence.
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering high-quality results within specified deadlines.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and contribute to a collaborative work environment.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.