CS&A Responsible Assistant
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Lead CS&A Engineer
Permanent / Contract
The assistant to the CS&A Responsible Engineer is required to assist with the leadership of the team of discipline Engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering design work packages (specification, analysis, verification or assessment of engineering). Role also includes coordination of work across all of the projects in Categorised Projects
The responsibilities are to include:
- To assist with the effective management of members of the functional team including appropriate collaboration with SL parties and other stakeholders
- To assist the CS&A RE in ensuring that all team members are aware of and understand relevant Legislation, SL and project specific policies, procedures, and design issues,
- To promote and facilitate best practice for the sharing of discipline specific LFE between the project and across SL.
- To assist with the collaboration between the CS&A design teams and the wider project IPT (Integrated Project Team) including other design organisations, the installation teams, plant teams, commissioning teams and product vendors to ensure industry best practice is obtained and shared and all designs are able to be installed and commissioned appropriately.
- Carry out design tasks on CS&A elements of categorised projects.
- Play a leading role in the review of temporary works proposals, this includes reviewing and commenting on temporary works designs submitted by subcontractors and early engagement in temporary works briefs
- Review design packages which have been submitted to the CS&A RE for acceptance
Work assignment and delivery:To be part of the planning team in programming packages of work in a way which is consistent with the requirements of the staged business model, effective risk management principles and is fully aligned with the Project
- To carryout effective and proportionate risk management and assurance activities including to call functional engineering or design capability reviews, especially in relation to novel techniques or solutions which carry significant financial, technical, design or programme risk.
Quality of work and output:
- Managing the generation of design deliverables that define and preserve the design intent and are organised and align with the plant configuration
- To collaborate in the selection and development of optimised, balanced and practical design solutions balancing aspects of safety and environmental performance, operational effectiveness and constructability
- Identifying appropriate design and engineering standards and practices to be used for the delivery of portfolio
- to adopt validation and verification practices to key aspects of work to ensure that the design meets all functional, safety and environmental requirements and is integrated with other design disciplines.
The assistant to CS&A Responsible Engineer shall be accountable as follows
To the CS&A RE for:
- Carrying out delegated tasks to assist the RE as required
- Assist with the coordination of tasks across Categorised Projects
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- General all round civil and structural experience required, with experience working on existing building alterations and asset care type projects
- Incorporated Engineer with the IStructE or ICE
- Experience of managing projects, leading a team and managing stakeholders.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications / Additional information (e.g Radiological Status Requirements)
- Chartered Engineer with the IStructE or ICE
- Experienced in delivering work for SL
- A strong understanding of the challenges faced working on asset care tasks in the nuclear sector
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.