Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Cost Engineer – Bristol/Bridgwater
The successful Cost Engineer will be working in the Cost Discipline of Integrated Project Controls (IPC), under the direction and leadership of the IPC Cost Manager. You will develop, maintain and deliver timely and accurate cost data and reports for either one of the Programme Controls Teams or the Central Controls Team within the HPC project. This will include forecasts, performance analysis, earned value, cash flows and monthly reports on the actual costs of work performed.
It is the overarching objective of the Integrated Project Controls (IPC) function to act as a centre of excellence: the intelligent owners of the single source of delivery performance information, operating as an integrated enabler for the successful delivery of the HPC project.
- Support the PCM or IPC cost manager in the implementation and maintenance of integrated project controls process.
- Collaborate with other disciplines of integrated project controls, as well as other project support functions.
- Produce and maintain accurate cost and cash forecasts
- Assist in the trend and change process including production of project change reports, analysis of cost impact and provision of feedback on areas of risk and opportunities
- Review, acceptance and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by tier one contractors and suppliers
- Adhere to project governance and cost standards and procedures
- Ensure all projects documents, in particular sensitive nuclear information, are correctly protectively marked and protected in accordance with EDF policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques
- Ability to understand and use cost management software
- Understanding of earned value analysis
- High level of analytical and numerical skills
- Good attention to detail
- High standard of interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or other related field.
- Proven relevant experience in a project management or project controls environment in a similar cost role
- Degree in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or other
- Professionally qualified with chartered or equivalent status
- Experienced in the use of cost management software
- Experience on a major construction project
The successful Cost Engineer will be expected to have experience or understanding of the following.
- SAP (Financial Management)
- EcoSys (Cost Changes, Earned Value Management)
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
- Teamcenter (Document Control)
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
BU Head - Rail
Business Management and Assurance Co-ordinator