Cost and Reporting Manager
- Cross sector
- Permanent / Support Functions
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Role: Cost and Reporting Manager
Hour: 37 hours per week
Permanent but contracting may be considered
Location: Hybrid, be able to work 3 days from office and two from home
Working as a member of the Continuous Availability Project team, reporting directly to the Delivery Lead, the Cost and Reporting manager will be responsible for:
Portfolio Cost Management and Reporting:
· Ensure a consistent approach to project controls in line with internal processes and procedures is adopted across the team.
· Consolidation of accruals and reporting to Finance on behalf of the PM
· Define and implement processes for management and reporting of multiple cost lines across the portfolio.
· Monthly reporting of overall portfolio total spend by Approval (FBC etc) and total spend by Work Package – collated from individual projects and packages.
· Track costs and forecasts across all portfolio projects and packages against FBC cost model baseline to demonstrate continued affordability.
· Define cost capitalisation rules across the portfolio and ensure costs are being captured for each project and package monthly.
· Supporting PM in Monthly finance reviews and delivery reviews.
· Monitoring of cost against approval baseline at portfolio level to maintain affordability envelope
Cost Management and Reporting:
- Support Project/Package Project manager(s) to execute project controls function in line with processes and procedures.
· Cost and budget management for the assigned project(s), including the collation and reporting of spend per work package in line with the existing cost model(s).
· Monthly reporting for assigned project(s) in line with internal requirements, including the issue of information to ensure internal reporting can be completed.
· Management of IMS updates in line with monthly finance drumbeat.
· Capture costs for capitalisation purposes in line with the rules set at portfolio level.
· Monitoring of cost against approval baseline for induvial packages
· Raising purchase and contract requisitions and occasionally receipting invoices
· Assessment and checking on invoices and valuations and providing advice to PM to resolve invoice queries
· Collation and reporting of monthly cost variances and narrative to underpin regional reviews
· Business case support
· Monitoring of RIC/ROC
· Creation of SON’s for new LPC’s if required
· Collation and checking of PMR’s and interface with NTSP to resolve any issues
· Attendance of monthly supplier project meetings
· Monitoring cost against change and attendance of the change control meetings
Full Member (MACostE)
· 5 years demonstrable experience in cost engineering, project controls or a related discipline.
Must have a recognised professional qualification (e.g. a relevant Higher Vocational Qualification, HNC, HND, Degree).
And / Or
Full Member (MRICS)
The candidate must have:
A deep understanding of cost models.
A deep understanding of the relationship between cost, risk, estimating uncertainty and schedule.
A deep understanding of producing in year and out year forecasts and variance analysis.
A deep understanding of how to track and mature cost estimates against baseline budgets.
Must be highly proficient with all MS Office suite applications.
The candidate will be embedded in the Client Team and will be expected to attend (as a minimum) 3 days per week in the office.
The candidate must have or be able to gain SC clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.