Contract Engineering Lead – Mechanical Equipment
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem, a global leader in accelerating energy transition, is seeking a skilled and motivated
Engineering Work Package Lead to join our team. You will collaborate on innovative projects
within the nuclear energy sector, utilizing cutting-edge technology to make a significant impact
on the industry.
As an Contract Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of
nuclear power plant operating equipment from external suppliers to our clients.
Be part of our team, shaping the future of renewable energy and creating a lasting, positive
Supporting the delivery of nuclear power plant operating equipment to the client, from external suppliers, through the following activities:
- Supporting the development and agreement of new contract packages for SZC equipment, liaising with client and suppliers to achieve scope alignment.
- Authoring technical specifications and associated technical delivery documents where necessary to define the contract delivery requirements, including the coordination of technical specialists to provide inputs as necessary.
- Engagement with contractors to ensure their understanding of SZC project requirements and alignment to SZC NNB delivery objectives.
- Review of contractor’s tender documents to ensure correct technical scope. This may include coordination of technical specialists to perform reviews of deliverables and resolution of multi-disciplinary technical queries.
- Lead contract technical and project meetings.
- Liaise with other RD and client teams to ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions, systems, and structures.
- Liaise with RD and client management teams to communicate progress, risks, issues and planning to support contract delivery.
- Awareness of contract commercial structures and working practices, including supplier management.
- Occasional visits to contractors within mainland Europe may be necessary for project meetings.
- Relevant Engineering degree or qualified through experience
- Knowledge of mechanical materials (tanks, Pipes, columns, pressure vessels and valves)
- Competency in IT applications (MS suite, CAD)
- Leadership experience in managing teams, budgets, and suppliers
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of commercial contract structures and supplier management
- handling, and mechanical components
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces
- Experience producing technical specifications
- Experience in the UK nuclear sector would be great, but not essential
- Familiarity with European Pressurized Reactor (EPR) process systems, tanks, fluid
- Proficiency in nuclear processing regulations
- Technical management of equipment supply contracts (NEC/FIDIC)
- Stakeholder management and collaboration experience
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.