Contingent Dock Project Manager
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Purpose – background and context
The Project Manager(s) will be assigned to the Contingent Dock Project at Rosyth, providing the interface between the SDA and Babcock, to deliver the project. A key aspect to the role will be the ability to bring stakeholders together and also manage the complex political aspects at a local and national level.
The Project Manager will lead and manage a project and project team on a day-to-day basis. They will be responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The Project Manager has a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
We require a Planning Lead that is able to:
- Drive the project within the PCT envelope
- Bring the various stakeholders together
- Manage the dependencies and RAID
- Support the complex engagement required to gain political approval
Delivery – Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
Project management – Day-to-day management and leadership of the project. Set project controls. Design the project structure appropriate to stage. Select and apply appropriate delivery methodologies.
Business case – Co-ordinate development of the business case.
Budget – Track delivery within budget.
Resources – Schedule / manage resources to deliver the project. May work independently or with a small team.
Benefits realisation – Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the business case.
Stakeholder management – Identify key stakeholders and develop effective relationships
Risks and issues – Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
Governance – Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making
Assurance – Support or set appropriate project assurance
Project performance and controls – Build Project Plan and apply appropriate project principles to deliver stated objectives. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Track and report delivery against milestones
- Experience working as a member of a large or medium complexity project team or as a specialist or work stream lead for a small, low complexity project.
- Experience of working with other stakeholders to bring together to form a across functional, organisational or geographic boundaries to deliver high quality outputs.
- Experience of working on a politically sensitive project with extensive communications and engagement required.
- Must have previous MOD experience.
- Experience with MOD approvals.
- Experience of working in Naval/Dock Infra or knowledge of the defence or security sector – either through government or industry
- Demonstrable commitment to learning and using established project management methodologies to enable successful delivery
- Obtained or working towards one of the following: PRINCE2 Practitioner; Agile Project Management Practitioner; APM Project Management Qualification; PMI Project Management Professional; Leading and Managing Project Workstreams.
- Permanent Staff or Umbrella Contractor Position
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week in Rosyth
- SC Clearance required,
- Sole UK National
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.