Construction Supply Chain Specialist
- Infrastructure / Building
- Contracting / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Construction Supply Chain Specialist to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Supporting the Infrastructure team, you’ll be responsible for supporting development and implementation of commercial and procurement strategies to support our Infrastructure programme of works across the estate.
Job title: Construction Supply Chain Specialist
Contract length: 12 months +
Location: Derby 3 days and hybrid for 2 days
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will support the development and implementation of the commercial and procurement strategies across our programme of works. This will include;
- Commercial strategy and development
- Contract strategy and development
- Procurement strategy and development
- Prepare commercial, procurement and contractual tender documentation including NEC contracts, commercial assessment models, quality assessment models, contract award criteria.
- Lead implementation of commercial and procurement strategies working with the business across a variety of infrastructure/construction related projects from strategy, through to delivering procurement and contract mobilisation / management.
- Liaise with Legal, Commercial, Risk, Group Property and others as required to ensure Business commercial risk is appropriately managed and mitigated through development and implementation of these strategies.
- Provide commercial, contractual and procurement advice to stakeholders.
- The role may also include commercial and contract management of high value/complex construction contracts, ensuring commercial interests are protected and managed appropriately throughout the project lifecycle.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in developing and implementing commercial and procurement strategies across infrastructure programmes / clients.
- Experience of implementing change programmes across infrastructure programmes / clients.
- Understanding of ICG /Project 13 Collaborative contracting methods and associated commercial models.
- Experienced in NEC standard forms and in particular administration of Option C & E Engineering Construction Contracts. Experience
- Experienced in successful project delivery throughout the whole project lifecycle.
- Experienced in working as part of fast-paced cross-functional supply chain project teams with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in appropriate commercial subject (e.g. quantity surveying, commercial management, procurement, etc).
- Awareness / familiarity of relevant laws and regulation applicable to Construction Management
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you