Community Liaison Officer
- Fixed-Term Contract / Project Management
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
Assystem in Türkiye, is renowned for working with the public and private sectors. Specializing in ESIA studies, site investigations, and laboratory research, the company offers vital site supervision owners and lenders engineering services. Notably, Assystem in Türkiye plays a pivotal role in major projects like power generation, and the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
We are seeking a dedicated Community Liaison Officer to facilitate seamless communication and collaboration between diverse stakeholders, both within the public and private sectors. Your role will serve as a crucial bridge, fostering coordination and cooperation on matters of mutual concern.
- Conducting public meetings and consultations regarding project requirements.
- Monitoring construction activities and reporting any social areas of concern.
- Managing the grievance mechanism on-site and operating GRM software.
- Providing active support to the land acquisition process.
- Collaborating with the resettlement team on RAP implementation, including LRP; communications with PAPs and grievance management.
- Engaging with project-affected communities and carrying out sustainable and active communication with stakeholders, local and governmental authorities, NGOs, etc.
- Conducting site-based work along the settlements affected by the project, interacting with stakeholders in a proactive manner to manage and solve social issues.
- Providing guidance to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) regarding social issues and sensitivities and maintaining good relationships with project site settlements.
- Ensuring the Supervision Consultant, Construction Contractor, and Sub-Contractors comply with project social commitments and ensuring compliance with lenders’ social performance requirements (EBRD and AIIB Performance Requirements).
- Ensuring all project workers are fully aware of social requirements and the grievance mechanism.
- A degree from a University or a similar institution in a relevant discipline (e.g., social sciences, communication, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Turkish, both written and spoken, is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with experience in stakeholder engagement/communications with communities, NGOs, etc.
- Specific experience in grievance mechanisms in infrastructure projects to IFI standards.
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent ! Si vous souhaitez porter à la connaissance d’Assystem une quelconque situation ou des besoins spécifiques, n’hésitez pas vous serez accompagné(e) !