Structural Engineer (Civil) AERB code Must- Nuclear Experience (Deputation at Paris France).
- Contracting /
- Navi Mumbai
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
1. Standards Comparison:
- Thoroughly analyze Indian Nuclear Safety Standards (AERB) and comprehend the specific requirements.
- Identify and correlate equivalent standards in the French (European) context, focusing on the EPR Technical Code for Civil works (IETC-CW)/ RCC-CW and European Norms.
2. Design Calculations:
- Perform design calculations for various structural elements, including but not limited to reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete, structural steel, containment/ pool liners and embedded parts.
- Ensure compliance with both Indian and French Nuclear Safety Standards throughout the design process.
3. Code Compliance:
- Stay updated on the latest revisions and amendments to Indian and French Nuclear Safety Standards, as well as relevant international codes and norms.
- Implement code-compliant design solutions and ensure adherence to industry best practices.
4. Report Preparation:
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing the design calculations, methodology, and rationale behind the structural choices made.
- Clearly articulate findings and present reports to technical authorities for approval.
5. Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including other engineers, and regulatory bodies.
- Effectively communicate design considerations and solutions to team members and regulatory authorities.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on structural engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years years of experience in civil-structural engineering, with a focus on nuclear facilities.
- Extensive experience in nuclear facility design and construction.
- In-depth knowledge of Indian National Standards and Indian Nuclear Safety Standards (AERB) related to analysis and design.
- Knowledge of American Standards like ACI, ASCE, ASME related to analysis and design is a plus.
- Knowledge of EPR Technical Code for Civil Works (ETC-CW) or RCC-CW, and European Norms related to analysis and design is a plus.
- Strong analytical and questioning attitude, capable of critically analyzing information, breaking down complex problems, and proactively seeking deeper insights for effective problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency in structural analysis and design software like Ansys, STAAD, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to producing accurate and compliant design work.
- Nuclear Projects experience preferred.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.