Civil engineer – PWRT
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As Civil Engineer, you will report to the Civil Engineering Group Leader and will take responsibility for managing the review, acceptance and management or technical issues and requirements on behalf of a specific scope, ensuring appropriate implementation and compliance to meet HPC project needs, including the safety case and UK context (regulations & codes).
The principal accountabilities for a PWRT civil engineer are:
- Management of civil technical risks and opportunities for the Project
- Resolution of technical issues considering safety, quality, cost, schedule
- Ensure design integrity is intact throughout the procurement / manufacture / construction / commissioning cycle from design to as-built operating plant
- Ensure the golden thread and safety demonstrations are correctly implemented in the Responsible Designer and suppliers’ documentation in regards to the overall safety case.
- Review of the design against UK regulations/practices and Project requirements
- Responsible for the acceptance, validation and formalisation of owner’s requirements (including nuclear safety), by carrying out surveillance on the design deliverables and modifications. These will include; structural design method statements, detailed design calculations and substantiation, reinforcement models / drawings and construction method statements.
- Support the hold points/gate review process in order to ensure that accepted design information is available to confirm readiness to proceed to the next design or construction steps
- Interface with site and construction activities by providing both technical and Safety Case support and fulfilling site assurance responsibilities
The team interacts closely with many different stakeholders, including project managers, engineering designers, construction contractors, regulators, other engineering and technical teams & advisors and independent technical assessors.
The role will require good technical and organisational capabilities to effectively interface with Project and relevant stakeholders in the programme.
To be successful in your application for the Civil Engineer PWRT post, you should have;
- Relevant engineering degree
- Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering and especially knowledge of the design of fastenings in concrete
- Demonstrable experience of the design of reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete structures
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear processing regulations
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.