Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Bristol, Aztec West / Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent
As a Civil Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to support the design of civil activities for Hinkley Point C. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute your expertise to a diverse range of design activities while also expanding your professional skillset. By joining our mission to help the UK achieve its net zero ambitions, you will play a crucial role in the delivery of 3,200 MWe of carbon-free electricity over the next decade.
Be a part of our dedicated team, shaping the future of renewable energy and making a meaningful, positive impact on the world.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Experienced in design activities
- Receive, analyse, and verify the consistency of the input data.
- Produces deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
- Coordinate the work of CAD Designers.
- Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models, and drawings.
- Contribute to the surveillance of the design realised by other suppliers.
- Produce the design in accordance with the CDM regulation
- Maintain a good relationship with on-site teams to facilitate construction
- Relevant engineering degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on design of the common raft buildings
- Practical experience in the nuclear sector
- Relevant engineering degree
- Experience on the design of EPR
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering and especially knowledge of the design of fastenings in concrete
- Demonstrable experience of the design of reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete structures
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear processing regulations
Help the UK reach our net zero ambitions—Hinkley Point C (HPC) will supply 3,200 MWe of carbon-free electricity within the next decade.
Join us in shaping the future of renewable energy and make a lasting, positive impact! 🌍💡
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Support Engineer (STP & Sewerage)
Safety Case Engineer
Safety Case Engineer