C&I (Software, Firmware, FPGA, V&V) Engineer
- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a C&I (Software, Firmware, FPGA, V&V) Engineer to work at our customers site in Glasgow on a contract basis.
Support the design, development, testing, verification, qualification and support for electronic control.
Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the activities considered during the life cycle of an electrical product are carried out in a consistent and appropriate manner.
Job title: C&I (Software, Firmware, FPGA, V&V) Engineer
Contract length: 18 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews and agrees high level electrical requirements including their testability.
- Analyses and translates high level requirements into a validated design for the electrical component.
- Captures applicable design constraints (must meet conditions) and quality attributes (may be traded) that apply to the component.
- Designs and implements electrical designs to meet the high level requirements and design constraints/standards. Allocate electrical requirements to test vehicles defined in the verification plan.
- Analyses electrical designs for functional behaviour, which may include modelling and simulation to demonstrate that the design meets the high level requirements. Develops and reviews electrical tests that will provide evidence to demonstrate that the electrical requirements have been satisfied
- Analyses verification test results against electrical requirement; produces reports and associated documentation
- Provides targeted testing of electrical functionality to support problem investigation and problem closures and customer issues.
- Liaises with other disciplines to understand functional performance capabilities of components of the system to facilitate effective component design.
- Participates in and supports capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for the department, in conjunction with the department managers.
- Develops, implements, documents, and maintains policies, procedures, associated guidelines, tools and training as required.
- Develops the knowledge required to provide advice / support to project teams and / or integrated product teams (IPT). Be able to create, search, and reuse knowledge with some guidance from established practitioners
Key Experiences and any Qualifications
- Working knowledge of domain plant and platform interfaces, component technology and behaviour during normal and abnormal operation, verification vehicles, electrical design, system architecture, development process constraints.
- A working appreciation of associated engineering disciplines; University degree or equivalent
- Good time management skills able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Dynamically respond to evolving objectives and emerging opportunities while working in coordination with a multidisciplinary, energetic team of engineers and scientists
- Able to research application issues and products by being outward focussed and able to seek solutions/information from outside of immediate area, including suppliers, universities, customers, related indus
- Able to train people to improve the capability of the business within a specific area of the business and deliver training material where required.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.