Chemical Process Engineer
- Contracting / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Chemical Process Engineer to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Job title: Chemical Process Engineer
Contract length: 12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports to Section Leader – Chemical Process Engineering Team, part of Nuclear Facilities Engineering Team
- Responsible for delivery of chemical process engineering work packages that modify/improve the current facilities.
- Responsible for taking projects through engineering gated review process, from concept through to hand over to operations
- Daily stakeholder management with other teams, including : Operations, Commissioning, Project, Procurement, Nuclear Safety, HSE, Radiological and Environmental safety, engineering SME
- Writing of technical documentation
- Success criteria will be the delivery of engineering work package, in line with all stakeholder requirements. Technical work package will be based upon experience of successful candidate.
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering or Chemical Process Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in nuclear industry
- Proven background in chemical process design
- Experience of capital project delivery in a regulated environment
- Experience in delivering complicated engineering design projects, from concept to implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with stakeholder management experience
- Experience in nuclear facility design
- Understanding of link between nuclear safety case and engineering design
- Experience of commissioning and installation of chemical process plants
- Experience of handing a project over into operations and background in troubleshooting
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.