Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
CE&I Designer – Cyber Security
Contract / Permanent
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community – the largest nuclear design house in Europe – delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions.
This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK’s long term nuclear infrastructure. The nuclear industry is expected to need possibly 100,000 new employees over the next decade. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging its support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a CE&I Designer in Cyber Security to join the team in Workington.
CE&I Design Engineer (Cyber Project)
To provide support to the Project, Engineering and Commissioning Delivery Team, Sellafield Ltd have a requirement for 2x CE&I Design Engineers for the period May’23 to end-March’24, working in collaboration as part of the SL Cyber team.
Detailed areas of the role:
- Support and provide Design assurance activities with respect to design supply chain, e.g., acceptance of design supply chain deliverables, quality audits, design surveillances.
- Produce and maintain overarching design documentation, e.g., Basis of Design, User Requirement Specification (PES).
- Update and maintain V & V Plans as the project progress through commissioning and handover phases of the key milestones and enable V&V closeout.
- Maintain the design configuration baseline.
- Manage design change throughout design, manufacture, assembly, testing and commissioning
- Provide a service that can assess and provide responses to the sub-contractors Technical Queries, Product Permits and Concession Requests.
- Provide a service that can assess and provide responses to the sub-contractors & commissioning team Fault Observations (FOBs).
- Ensure all design & Engineering solutions are “Fit for Purpose”.
- Support constructability reviews.
- Support commissioning reviews.
- Support O&M manual production and reviews.
- Support Maintenance Instruction production and reviews.
- Support MDDR/SDDR.
- Produce appropriate Risk Assessments for installation.
- Produce supporting information for constructability reviews
- Prepare and Produce Design Information Packs (DIP) for installation of Cyber systems.
- Produce and Maintain 2D drawings (DWG files) where required
- Provide a service to Manage and Maintain the TQ, concession, drawing trackers and provide status updates.
Headline Experience and Expectations:
- Design Assurance
- Commissioning Delivery
- Handover Documentation Management
- Quality Delivery
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified CE&I Design Engineer
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman