Business Manager – Fusion & Modular Nuclear (AMR/SMR)
- Renewable Energies
- Permanent / Trade and Management
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
In this role, which is primarily focused on the AMR / SMR account, you will have P & L responsibility and be accountable for the winning and delivery of contracts to meet the requirements of the Business Plan. You will develop customer relationships, manage key stakeholders and ensure a consistent delivery approach to work programmes to both cost and schedule.
As a key member of the FMN leadership team, you will contribute to the strategic development of the FMN Business Unit, supporting the delivery of outcomes to achieve our growth and profitability targets.
As the Business Manager, you will report to the FMN Business Unit Director.
Key Responsibilities of the Business Manager role:
- Drive growth and maintain acceptable profitability in line with the strategic aims of the business, to agreed annual budgets.
- Contribute to the development of the overall FMN strategy and business plan.
- Formulate appropriate plans and an annual budget for your business area.
- Develop and maintain new and existing customer relationships at appropriate levels, working in conjunction with other members of the FMN and wider Assystem leadership teams.
- Work with the relevant Key Account Manager(s) to build and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline, including all bids and contract negotiations.
- Establish order intake targets for key customer accounts in your business and drive delivery to achieve them.
- Provide a visible positive leadership style, setting clear expectations for delivery and performance standards, and actively managing the performance of the teams to achieve them.
- Responsible for the P & L performance of the business area with key targets of profitability, cash management and efficient utilisation of staff.
- Provide visible leadership in contributing to and delivery the Assystem Corporate Social Responsibility plan, particular those associated with the business area.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Qualities
- Proven leader with previous relevant industry experiences in Nuclear, Infrastructure, Engineering Design and Capital Project Delivery.
- Strong understanding of and interest in the UK AMR / SMR Market
- A strong understanding of what drives project and operational performance and experience in deploying scalable business and technical solutions to grow profitable business portfolios.
- Has the ability to ‘collaboratively create commercial solutions’- taking complex client problems providing solutions the client can approve.
- Able to manage teams delivering engineering and design activities in relevant market sectors.
- History of developing customer relationships and managing key stakeholders based on integrity and trust.
- Successful record of performance management and people development.
UK with travel expected to Customers as required, other Assystem offices in UK (particularly Blackburn, Oxfordshire, Derbyshire) and France.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.