- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Activities to be carried out as part of the service:
The Building Pilot activities ensure the coordination of the engineering activities related to the buildings they are allocated to: HG (Galleries) and HF (Electrical Building).
Framework & Boundaries
The provided service take place in an international environment with the objective of implementing the designs developed for SZC. The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables of the Building Pilot are as follows:
In collaboration with other stakeholders (Technical Leads, Layout engineers, CAD designers, contractors’ representatives…), the provided service consists in piloting and delivering the engineering studies for the overall design of the allocated perimeter for all disciplines (HVAC, civil works, piping, electrical), i.e., it consists in:
• Identifying the requirements for all sequences (safety, layout, systems, contracts…) on the allocated perimeter and work closely with the sequence team and providing feedback
• Identifying, scheduling and launching the activities
• Participating to the identification of resources needed and to the workload estimation,
• Receiving, analysing and verifying the consistency of the input data,
• Managing maturity of interfaces,
• Ensuring the completeness and consistency of the studies,
• Challenging and verifying the requests for changes issued by the various engineering teams and when necessary instructs them in analysing their impact on the different disciplines,
• Ensuring the integration of all disciplines within the SZC structures using a 3D model.
• Ensuring the deliverables they are responsible for are produced with a good quality level and on time,
• Performing technical verifications,
• Piloting the engineering activities: It consists in:
o Coordinating and providing guidance to the different internal and external contributors (Layout Engineer, Contract Engineering Leads, Technical Leads, System Engineers…) within CNEPE and/or EPR-E,
o Organising regular progress meetings,
o Identifying and organising reviews to be performed,
o Ensuring the delivery of the studies on time
o Managing the interfaces
• Ability to verify and approve Quality Related Activities (QRA)
• Creating and maintaining the Design Risk Register
• Reporting internally and externally
• Each year defining the task-order for the next year on his scope of work
• Ensuring relationship with the Client and managing related contractual activities (Early Warning, Project Work Request, Compensation Events, Technical Queries …)
• Providing support in dealing with the non-conformity and adaptation reports issued by the contractor and relaying the modifications to the design office
• Working closely with the other building group as well as the contract, PMO and sequence team.
• Working closely with the HPC team to understand the maturity of the design, capture potential DC/OP (Design Changes / Open Points).
The provided service shall in addition ensure a regular liaison with the JDO (Joint Design Office) team in order to provide a reactive answer to the questions they may raise.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• General Engineering Degree (MSc) in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering design sequences
• Knowledge of several areas of engineering (mechanical, layout, equipment)
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations
• Piloting of activities
• Design office experience
• Willing to evolve in team management
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules
• Knowledge of the technical constraints associated with plant layout / plant design. Ability to know how to manage and work with design and layout constraints
• Knowledge and understanding of PDMS/3D model activities
• Knowledge and understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering
• Knowledge of project management
• Experience in the nuclear sector
• Experience in UK context
• A first experience in team management
• Experience in plant layout engineering
• ability to meet commitments and deadlines and be able to manage their own time and workload on an individual and team level.
• be able to work in a team, be proactive, take initiatives, deal with multiple interfaces and promote a questioning attitude.
• Organisational skills, leadership, good interpersonal skills and responsiveness are also important for the role
– English, fluent
– French is a bonus
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.