Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Digital technology holds the key to catalysing energy transition and accelerating project performance improvements and Assystem are uniquely placed to leverage technological developments and drive our client organisations to the next level of performance.
We have a range of roles available, roles including BIM consultants, Information Managers and BIM Coordinators.
Duties for information managers may include:
- Support the implementation of the BIM policy.
- Liaise and co-operate with Project Team Members in support of a collaborative working culture.
- Attend project and design team meetings as required.
- The creation of Exchange Information Requirements (EIRs), clarifying the customer’s preferred systems, processes and required outputs from their supply chain.
- Establish a Common Data Environment including processes and procedures to enable reliable information exchange between Project Team Members, the Employer, and other parties.
- Receive information from a range of sources and validate compliance against the EIR / BEP and advise on any non-compliance.
- Agree and implement record keeping, archiving and audit trail for the Information Model.
- The creation BIM Execution Plans (BEPs) template to assist suppliers responding to the EIR.
- Monitoring supply chain performance and where necessary implementing appropriate training and upskilling to ensure effective information delivery.
- The capture and integration of asset data and development of Asset Information Requirements.
Duties for BIM coordinator’s may include:
- Improvement in engagement of design with all parties
- Progressive assurance to reduce review time and improve commun
- Right first-time submissions
- Stringent control of the design through the CDE,•
- Working in a collaborative environment base on the principle outlined in ISO19650 covering federation and check/review/approve transitions.
- Developing and maintaining BIM protocols and BIM Execution Plans and other documentation.
- Managing data sets and federated 3D models.
- Co-ordinating stakeholders in terms of their function within the BIM process.
- Ensuring the accuracy of models and datasets by establishing quality control procedures.
- Preparing BIM co-ordination programmes and progress reports.
- Liaising with the design team and client.
- Coordinating the handover of information at project milestones.
- ·Expertise in 3D design tools, such as Autodesk Revit, Inventor, PDMS, Plant 3D etc
Organisational Compliance with Standards:
- Responsible for BIM standards compliance, including development, implementation, and Quality adherence
- Detailed understanding of the key elements of PAS/BS 1192, ISO 9001 and ISO 19650.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- To succeed in the role you’ll have enthusiasm and commitment to building a capability. You’ll have a proactive leadership style, a collaborative approach to team working and the appropriate excellent communication skills along with the ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels
- You’ll need to be able to demonstrate a level of experience commensurate with the role you are applying for. Role specifications are available on request.
- You will have a personal drive for achievement combined with a professional work ethic and resilience.
- Technically, you will have a thorough understanding of data, information management, BIM agendas within the UK and the standards and documents for implementation in engineering.
- A willingness to challenge conventions both internally and with our clients with the aim of delivering our projects much more effectively is a pre-requisite.
- Finally, you will be self-motivated and keen to learn across a range of technical subjects and engineering disciplines
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Mechanical (BIM) Engineer