BOP Piping Technical Lead
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Managing the Contract Engineering Lead activities for contract related to BOP piping (construction activities), in particular:
- Writing of the technical specifications for erection activities
- Updating of LDRC (List of Documents Required from the Contractor) and Surveillance Plan for BOP scope.
- Answering to Technical Queries
- Resolving the construction Open Points
- Coordinating of the answer to Exemption Requests
- Coordination and reviewing deliverables from the Erection Contractors to support readiness of site erection activities.
- Reviewing installation specifications from the Responsible Designer (RD).
- Assistance to HK8010 Contract Engineering Lead (CEL) to update the BOP discipline LAD (List of Applicable Documents) and Works Information.
- Supporting to HK8010 Contract Engineering Lead (CEL) to manage Early Warnings.
- To handle specific technical topics and support to project managers to prepare BFPI/CMB/PCR paper, etc.
- Supporting the construction Project Managers in the establishment of Key Performance indicators with the objective of reporting site progresses for construction activities.
- Proactive reactivity and technical experience to enable site construction activities to be executed without blocker to delivery, by providing technical support/expertise to close all open points / technical queries raised by the construction contractor.
- Proven experience working in an equivalent / related role in the construction industry.
- Experience in BOP (Balance of Plant) required;
- Experience in BNI (Balance of Nuclear Island) desirable;
- Meticulous and rigorous approach to engineering to achieve high professional standards.
- Good communication skills allowing positive streams with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver engineering safely to the correct quality, time and cost in a fast paced, schedule driven environment.
- Ability to work autonomously but with awareness of own limitations.
- Knowledge of contractual and commercial mechanisms.
- Degree in related engineering field.
- Chartered Engineer with relevant engineering institute.
- Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations.
- Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.