Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is a leading Global Engineering Consultancy tasked with shaping the future of the energy landscape and helping to deliver net-zero solutions.
Whether through our New Build, Decommissioning, Defence or Infrastructure business areas and partnerships, we need your talent to meet our demanding growth plans in the UK.
Join us and develop your career in a world class, inspiring & supportive environment.
The Bid Manager will assemble and manage a bid team that has the skills to prepare and submit a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager is significantly involved pre-RFP, driving the Capture Phase and ensuring all resources are aligned to the client’s requirements long before the Bid and Pursuit Phase gets underway. After bid submission, the Bid Manager remains involved through the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requires strong people management and commercial skills.
- Manage and facilitating all aspects of the bid (end to end) process including RFIs, RFPs, PQQs, ITTs, ITNs and client presentations working closely with stakeholders to understand and develop win strategies.
- Work with the Key Account Manager (KAM) to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with sales, marketing, delivery teams, finance, legal & compliance and project management / delivery.
- Strong stakeholder management with the abilities to influence decisions & outcomes in support to both the business aspirations and bid success.
- Communicating requirements, deadlines and expectations to key stakeholders and the bid teams.
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all deliverables / services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Conduct price / estimating modelling to determine price vs affordability and predict out-turns regarding margins and Ebit etc.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation.
- Manage the bid budget and monitor and report on overall performance against KPIs.
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Co-ordinate and plan all client presentations required as part of the bid submission.
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
- Support the seamless handover of bid commitments to operational teams as part of the mobilisation process.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- Graduate with 5+ years bid management experience, preferably within B2B professional or engineering services.
- In-depth experience of managing bids, ideally within a professional
- services environment
- Strong strategic and commercial awareness (ideally NEC 3 / 4), and evidence of how you have used this to develop winning strategies
- Excellent project management techniques with the determination and drive to make things happen
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills, with the ability to adapt style to different audiences and channels
- Assertive and motivating and able to support others within the workplace
- A natural multi-tasker and ability to track and manage multiple projects
- Desire to grow within an Engineering bias Bid Management environment.
- Excellent communicator, written and spoken.
- Can handle a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to uphold and support the Company’s Values and Behaviours
- Advanced user of MS Office suite.
- APMP Foundation (Practitioner or Professional level desirable)
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Business Administration Apprentice