Associate Director – Planning & Project Controls
- Cross sector
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a dynamic, self-motivated Associate Director to join our London Office
Job title: Associate Director
We are looking for a driven and personable Associate Director with proven experience in people management, business development and client relations, as well as technical knowledge in the application of project planning and controls.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for contributing to reviewing, updating, and implementing the business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the business strategy, and looking for market opportunities. The role involves taking responsibility for the delivery of key accounts, including developing relationships, identifying and securing opportunities and pipeline, providing service delivery and acting as a key stakeholder and first point of contact. The position will be 60% billable with 40% for work winning, client account and staff management.
Strategy and Growth
• Support the management of regional growth plans.
• Input into regional business plans in line with overall business strategy and monitor implementation.
• Achieve staff capability development.
• Contribute to identifying opportunities for innovation in the market.
• Generate business across regional boundaries.
• Drive innovation and industry-leading practice.
• Role model company core values at all times.
• Develop and implement plans to find, manage, retain and grow revenue.
• Manage and monitor the performance of the local client portfolio.
• Ensure client contact data is kept up-to-date and managed within internal systems.
• Generate, target, approach and convert leads and opportunities into client accounts.
• Attend regular catch-up meetings with other regions to share business development opportunities.
• Actively organise regular meetings with all client contacts.
• Ensure technical excellence and quality in the delivery of services.
• Employ, retain, develop, mentor and coach employees.
• Ensure recruitment processes are followed, and that candidates are aligned with Assystem values and technical competencies.
• Provide leadership and structure to your direct reports and office team.
• Provide counselling and disciplinary action where required.
• Contribute to the succession plan for the region and key individuals.
• Ensure staff performance is managed in line with the P&D process.
Communication and Community
• Schedule and attend social functions to build relationships, networks and trust between regional teams.
• Deliver regularly scheduled communication sharing sessions with on and offsite staff.
• Accept personal accountability for the development of your skills, including technical, governance and leadership areas;
• Attend / present at seminars and professional forums;
• Identify training and development programs;
• Seek out mentors and or coaches and;
• Market and peer recognition of your technical excellence and commercial acumen.
• Educated to degree level. Engineering and/or related professional qualifications preferred but not necessary.
• Strong understanding of the industries and niche Assystem operates in and the value of controls to clients.
• Proven experience in developing and building business relationships at a management level.
• Proven experience in developing and implementing business plans.
• Proven experience in delivering advisory services, developing technical solutions and/or managing service delivery.
• Proven experience in overseeing the successful delivery of key accounts.
• Proven experience in managing people and creating high performing teams.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.