Assistant Project Manager
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The role of the APM supports the Client PM looking inward about delivery and performance (affordability challenge, completion of scope, keeping an eye on emerging Critical Works) and also focuses on the enabling of the project (set up of the JPT, stakeholder engagement, accommodation, etc) and the setting up and alignment of the procurement of various projects. To support the project the APM will support the PM in delivery of the construction and commissioning phase of the 2XX project which is predominantly M&E building services fit out works and commissioning. The APM will support the PM to ensure the successful delivery of capital infrastructure projects and achieve project outputs.
Infrastructure delivery is a challenging environment in which to work, with interdependencies between the required programmes and projects and the need to maintain military outputs. The candidate will be required to deliver at pace and demonstrate effective application of programme and project management skills, tools and techniques.
The aim is to provide flexible resource across the two projects to help with peaks of work and aspects of consistency
- Support the PM and the project team to deliver the project objectives.
- Support the PM in the management and administration of the contract.
- Support the PM to manage financial performance of projects to control expenditure against approved project budgets.
- Support the PM in undertaking project assurance and gateway reviews across the portfolio at key stages to evaluate progress, compliance and probability of delivery to provide confidence to senior management, customers and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for complying with all agreed Client processes and operating procedures and particularly those which are detailed under key infrastructure process.
- Monitors the performance of the organisation, technical support providers and supply chain, in terms of meeting their contractual obligations.
- Maintains productive relationships with the supply chain throughout the execution of the contract.
- Review and critique duration and cost estimates for the activities (reviewing and updating these at relevant points) and identifies critical dates relevant to the events.
- Monitors financial performance throughout the project and prepares reports for stakeholders in line with organisational requirements. Obtains estimates for the costs of activities, events and overheads.
- Applies metrics to identify cost trends and to update estimates of final costs.
Reviews proposed changes and determines their high-level impact, requesting further information or clarification where necessary. Assesses all options relating to the proposed changes and estimates their impacts.”
- NEC awareness
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
- NEC PM accreditation
- Membership of relevant professional body
- M&E background
Hybrid with occasional visits to Client site near Helensburgh and Glasgow offices
Security Clearance will need to be gained for this role: You will be required to hold a Sole British Passport.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.