Assistant Project Manager
- Contracting / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
This role sits within a Dock Redevelopment Project. Currently there is a vacancy for an Assistant Project Manager (aka Package Manager) in the Civil & Structures project team working to manage the delivery of the new civil infrastructure designs. This role offers a significant project delivery challenge and presents excellent development opportunities.
- Main Purpose of Role
Assistant Project Manager – This is a key role providing support to the Project Manager who is managing the contract for the design a new facility.
- The key role will support in delivery of schedule, scope, contractual, financial and risk management functions.
- Assisting the technical and project team in development of requirements, project scope and solutions for specific work packages.
- Translate supply chain reporting into useable data to inform planning, monitoring and control of work packages.
- Provide input to cost and budget monitoring.
- Develop Stakeholder management and communications plans.
- Document & Deliverable management
- Contribute to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have experience of working within a project environment, ideally with NEC contract experience.
The project will be on the Nuclear Licensed site and therefore experience in delivery of Nuclear safety implicated structures, equipment or services would be of benefit.
- APM project management qualification (or equivalent).
SC Clearance. Sole UK National
Umbrella Contractor or staff
Hybrid – Visits to Client site in Plymouth as and when required
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.