Area Engineering Manager
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Area Engineering Manager
Staff / Contract
An Area Engineering Manager :The role will typically involve the following,
- AEM leading the multidiscipline teams, responsible for estimating, scheduling, forecasting and the production of the agreed design deliverables.
- Management of the Framework teams in production of deliverables
- Development of the safety case(s), including attendance at HAZOPs, support to safety assessment, review of ES, production of substantiation documentation.
- Resource identification of additional resource demand where required to ensure all deliverables can be originated and checked in accordance with the project schedule dates
- Interfacing with other Project Discipline leads within the project(s)
Full Job Specification Available on Request
- Demonstrable track record of full project lifecycle delivery and the use of SL management systems. (experience of working to SL systems is desirable not essential)
- Demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and organisation skills.
- Experience of managing a team of (internal and external) engineers and designers (across various locations/sites)
- Pragmatic approach (FFP) to problem solving and ability to apply engineering judgement.
- Programme and estimate preparation and forecasting to provide underpinned robust project & task estimates.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact mfarrer@assystem
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.