Graduate Civil Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise, and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
About our Graduate Programme:
As a graduate at Assystem, from Day 1 you will be welcomed to the Assystem family, we will focus on getting you up to speed on what we do, our values, and what you can look forward to on our 2-year experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with customers on live projects, bring value from the start and learn new skills.
As part of the programme, you will have access to Mentors, benefit from peer-to-peer learning through our Graduate Forums, identify and develop skills through our upskilling framework, and the opportunity to work across different industries and customers.
The Graduate Civil Engineer will act as the central point of contact for all items and scopes which fall under their responsibility, liaising with the project entities and stakeholders as appropriate. Key interfaces include:
- Project management and procurement teams,
- Engineering teams, either Bristol-based or based in back office (France, Germany).
- Design Authority and Safety Case teams,
- Other discipline teams, e.g., mechanical, hazards, environment, and configuration management.
Depending on the civil engineering specialism, activities to be carried out could include, but will not be limited to:
- Receive, analyse, and verify the consistency of the input data.
- Produces deliverables they are responsible for (design hypotheses, methodology, and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
- Coordinate the work of CAD Designers.
- Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models, and drawings.
- Contribute to the surveillance of the anchorages designed by the equipment suppliers.
- Contribute to CDM reviews, and create and maintain the Design Risk Register.
- Load evolution tracking and civil design margin management
- Liaise with site-based engineering teams to facilitate the construction.
- Monitor progress on site and ensure conformance to design requirements
- Liaise with subject matter experts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or in a related field
Requirements for Assystem Graduate Scheme:
- Successful Candidate must be a UK Sole National
- Successful Candidate must be willing to relocate as part of their rotational Scheme (Relocation Support available)
The successful applicant must be a UK resident and, due to the nature of the work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet this criteria in order to attain a minimum level of BPSS clearance.
When will we be in touch?
Thank you for applying!
We will be sifting through applications from the 6th November, and you will receive a response to your application within 3 weeks of applying.
If you reach the next stage, you will be called by one of our recruitment team who will ask you some questions around:
– Your application
– Your Eligibility for the role
– Your passion for Energy transformation
– Your passion for your chosen discipline
– your knowledge on your chosen discipline.
Successful applicants will be invited to our in-person assessment centres. These will be held between 27th February – 20th March.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.