Commissioning Engineer – Mechanical
- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Mechanical Commissioning Engineer will be responsible to provide “hands on” commissioning activities at facilities in CEA Valduc, France.
This will involve exercising due governance and management to meet the project specifications, requirements and acceptance criteria defined within the project verification, validation and requirements matrix in compliance with the Quality Management System, Project Delivery processes and procedures whilst organising and managing and undertaking the commissioning activities.
- Accountable for the delivery of the mechanical systems commissioning requirements of the project from design to end of active commissioning within defined budgetary constraints safely, within quality, time and performance constraints.
- Accountable for ensuring that all standards, procedures and work instructions, and setting to work documentation has underpinning, for commissioning to adhered to.
- Accountable for ensuring commissioning teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a committed team player.
- Capable of managing a team, working and supporting shift pattern coverage.
- Prepare (author) commissioning documents, prepare safe systems of work for all works defined within the project scope and manage the approval process of the documents; commensurate with the appropriate Quality Control Grading, through the Testing &Commissioning Panel and facility work control approval processes.
- Manage the commissioning of all systems that fall within the project scope.
- Manage commissioning activities in scope through organisation of meetings, tests, demonstrations, training events, and performance verifications.
- Ensure commissioning procedures are adhered to and signed off with full and accurate records of the test results recorded onto the project electronic management system.
- You may be required to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs as defined by the Commissioning Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills:
- Conduct of all mechanical aspects of system commissioning including experience of gas, fluid, vacuum and use of mechanical handling equipment.
- Onsite management of trade support team for operations, defect repair and maintenance of the project machine installation and interface with the end user for training.
- Experienced in conducting factory acceptance testing with UK and international suppliers, and vetting, production and approval of prescribed documentation.
- Understanding of Design Engineering, Construction and Handover processes.
- Able to organise and execute complex commissioning tests and analyse results.
- Have a high level of understanding of Health and Safety.
- Good communication skills, with limited knowledge of the French language (desirable)
- To able to perform initial operator duties during commissioning testing phases. (i.e. Non active and Active commissioning).
- To have “hands on” experience of commissioning with defect repair and maintenance and make safe, capabilities of mechanical systems.
- Good People and process management skills.
- Needs a good understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments.
- Understanding of Safety Functional Requirements and Safety Justifications.
- A capability to adopt clients commissioning, quality and handover processes.
- Min 5 years practical commissioning experience.
- Requires general experience of commissioning electrical, and EC&I systems.
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will require Security clearance, and ideally DV. To gain this they will be required to be a Sole UK national,
Location: CEA Valduc, France 3 weeks (onsite), 1 week leave.
Hours: Up to 50 hours per week
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.