CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
The client is a company with the ambition to redevelop a 40 acres site in London city into a destination for entertainment, innovation and excitement.
Our client needed help to implement and apply project controls best practice to develop a Project Execution Plan to set out the organisation structure, performance management, best practice and a culture of continuous improvement.
In this context, Assystem is working with the client to develop and implement a project controls environment to establish, monitor and report progress.
- Establishment, monitoring, and reporting progress against an established project baseline via implementing the Primavera P6 planning tool.
- Establishment a performance baseline to monitor scope, budget, contingency and milestones against the development business plan for the next 3 years.
- Through the implementation of project controls systems, hosting environment and custom apps and reporting, Assystem manages and maintains data storage and project control system, and also trains and supports client team for the use of processes and systems.
- Support the daily Planning, Digital PMO and Project Controls System Implementation.
- Project data stored centrally in one location (databases) which allows for one source of data truth.
- This facilitates automated reporting which delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enabled tracking delivery budgets and performance at the Control account level.
- Enabled integration data from a variety of systems.
- Enabled accountability of budgets and performance across Control Accounts.
- Provided the capability to drill down in detail / Flexibility to report data at any level.
- Improved version control and data quality by controlling data entry.