Context and challenges
This project involved a large organisation specialised in power and services located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). They have recently signed an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) to implement energy-saving measures at the JAFZA buildings area, a dynamic free zone in Dubai. The contract is the biggest ESPC ever signed in the UAE and one of the most in the world. It provides a three step approach, energy audit, implementation and guarantee.
The project covers the retrofit of 157 staff accommodation buildings, including replacing 5,000 air conditioning units and upgrading 6,000, replacing 85,000 light fixtures and 34,500 water fixtures with new eco-friendly efficient appliances.
Assystem has been appointed as Project Management Consultant for the implementation phase.
- Project management: communication management, project control, adaptation of procedures and cash management
- Project scheduling: baseline programming such as detailed work breakdown structure, project schedule (creation and monitoring the Primavera P6 schedule and level 4 schedule), S curve, schedule updates
- Management of equipment suppliers and installers: contract management, schedule monitoring, supporting site activities
- Technical management: reviewing technical documentation, reviewing shop drawings, site supervision, QA/QC
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) management
- Deadlines compliance due to specific project management methods: “just in time” purchasing and supply chain management, open communication, project schedule developed on Oracle
- Occupant satisfaction thanks to the deployment of solutions adapted to their regional specific consumption habits (required noisy air conditioning units, increase of water flow for showers to fill buckets)
- Regular meetings organisation with occupants and set up of satisfaction surveys to ensure the corrective actions were suitable and up to standard
30 %guaranteed savings on annual consumption of electricity and water