Context and challenges
In the context of the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris, a company was created with the mission of developing the Olympic and Paralympic sites as part of a sustainable urban project, in conjunction with the projects of local authorities.
This client manages several projects, within the operations department, which are particularly complex due to the multiplicity of project owners, both internal (Public Areas and Facilities teams) and external (private: promoters and other public project owners), and the fact that all these project owners must carry out their work within a very limited geographical scope.
Ultimately, the client's responsibility is to ensure that all Olympic works can be delivered on time and equitably.
In this context, this client has entrusted Assystem with a PMO (Project Management Office) mission, the objective of which is to set up and operate an integrated collaborative project management tool.
- Collecting and formatting information from all stakeholders
- Implementation of the planning animation process
- Implementation of the risk management process
- Implementation of the decision follow-up process
- Initialization of the summary table of indicators
- Initialization of internal and external reporting
- Initialisation of roadmaps for Scheduling - Steering - Inter-site coordination and Project Owners at the interface
- Elaboration of the Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Animation of the processes set up and production of reports
- Production of 4D phasing books
- Production of the global schedule interfaced between all operations
- Reliability in the management of operations thanks to the provision of reliable data, the production of deliverables and relevant indicators. The setting up of adapted tools and the PMO unit (responsible for coordinating tools and producing all the needed project management support) is of strategic importance for this client.
- Identification of deviations from the reference schedules.
- Analysis and capture of trends in the project schedule thanks to the implementation of indicators and their input by the tools.