CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
The client decided to fully renovate and upgrade their project controls systems and processes throughout the company to improve their maturity and build confidence in the project reporting metrics.
In this context Assystem was commissioned to work with a UK defence customer to provide an integrated project controls system and process for its entire portfolio of defence projects.
- Implement and apply project controls best practice throughout their defence project portfolio. There was low planning and project controls maturity which resulted in the overall disengagement from the management team towards project controls activities and outputs.
- Implementation of the Primavera P6 planning tool and migrate planning data from their largest project. Following the initial review and recommendations on the tools and processes, the client decided to extend the roll out of P6 throughout the company and to upgrade their cost system.
- Implementation of the Cobra cost software greatly improved data accuracy and enhanced confidence in reporting provided by the Project Controls team.
- Improve their project controls best practice processes and improve the overall maturity of the staff. Several consultants on each project support the day-to-day activities.
- Access to Assystem's extensive knowledge of project controls and data management to deliver a set of robust systems and processes to fulfil client’s current requirements and address future queries in terms of resource management and business intelligence
- Increased overall company project controls’ maturity through training and support to key projects.
- Restored confidence between management and the project controls team with reliable reporting.
- Achieved better client understanding of EVM to track progress and educate the team on its uses and benefits.