Context and challenges
The mission of this client, a major player in the aerospace research, is to develop and guide research in the aerospace field on a national and international level.
As part of regrouping its activities on a global platform, this client has to transfer some test facilities and their easements from a site to an other centre.
This transfer includes an historic site dating from the 1950s, the S3 transonic wind tunnel, the R1 and R2 gust wind tunnels, the BES sensor calibration bench, and the compressed air installation, as well as to provide for their proper integration on the other site in buildings under construction.
This client mandated Assystem to carry out the project management and design (studies) as part of an EPCm (Engineering Procurement and Construction management) for this industrial transfer and the associated modifications (utilities and easements).
- Definition of the best transfer scenario, cost estimate and drafting of the consultation specifications
- Technical coordination and planning of utility changes and transfer, requiring:
- Establishment of a technical, topographical and sound diagnosis
- Wind tunnel and process modification studies
- Deconstruction and transfer studies
- Preparation of consultation files, schedules and estimated budgets
- Design of digital tools adapted to the industrial transfer methodology
The project requires the management of many interfaces:
- Technical (between processes, utilities and buildings)
- Methodological (coordinating the tasks of the different actors)
- Scheduling (sequential work excluded for most batches)
- Regulatory (taking into account compliance with standards)
- Securing process modifications through Assystem's know-how and multidisciplinary engineering skills, and in particular the good management of interfaces
- Optimisation of the plant's continued operation thanks to technical choices taking into account equipment obsolescence studies
- Guarantee to work normally and without disruption of activity thanks to the integration and management of the constraints of the new infrastructures construction in the respect of the transfer schedule