Context and challenges
This client specialises in naval defence systems.
It is currently carrying out several large-scale programmes, including one of the major international contracts for the Brazilian Navy. It covers the delivery of several submarines with technology transfer, simulators, the construction of a shipyard with an adjoining naval base, as well as a centre to house simulators for training and crew training.
For this project, this client has mandated Assystem for a construction support mission with technology transfer to ensure the monitoring and control of the equipment before it is shipped to the construction base in Brazil.
In interface with the client and the Navy (final client) :
- Document management with the programme management
- Creation of material acceptance plans
- Management of equipment acceptance, from testing to dispatch, in interface with the Navy
- Inspection of materials procured and manufactured in-house
- Checking the completeness of the documents before export control
- Management of the shipment improvement plan
- Optimisation of document management processes thanks to the historical activity of the teams on one of the programmes
- Good operational efficiency thanks to optimised interfaces with the customer resulting from the creation of a document engineering services centre
- Good productivity in the deliverables (in terms of volume and quality) thanks to the pooling of resources in multi-programme mode
- In the medium term, delegation of control to the supplier representing a significant time saving for this customer thanks to the creation of work units for the new Australian programmes and the future nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine