Context and challenges
This client, leader in the French shipbuilding industry, is specialized in naval defence systems.
This company is currently carrying out several large-scale programs, including the French submarine construction program, consisting of a series of six nuclear attack submarines for the French Navy.
This major construction player required support throughout the programme in terms of industrialisation and optimisation of the construction and test phases.
As part of this project, this client mandated Assystem to provide a supervisory role in the construction from the hull to the tests, including the transfer of the propulsion system and the nuclear boiler room.
Interventions throughout the construction until the tests before the departure with technical missions and strong constraints of building site:
- Management of the software configuration, operational quality, the base of the remains to be done, the test and maintenance documentation.
- Coordination and production support for hull and structural components and supply logistics
- Management of subcontracting activities for the sealing of pool tanks intended for nuclear boiler rooms
- Technical transfer support for the nuclear propulsion and boiler house
- Management of onboard lockout and access to the boiler room during the construction phase
- Planning, coordination and control for the construction and implementation of special forces containers (Dry Deck Shelter DDS)
- Value proposition for the implementation of digital support in construction by using workshop tablets
For the production of the head of series, Assystem mobilized up to 150 employees for the departure of the boat by mid-2020.
- Productivity gains in terms of resources while ensuring a gain in operational quality thanks to the pooling of engineering skills and the use of multi-program feedback (Brazil, India).
- Better measurement of the real state of progress of the building site and good coordination of the future phases of construction (rescheduling) thanks to the implementation of a digital support on tablet, allowing a good flow of information in bi-directional mode
- Compliance with customer deadlines thanks to better management of coactivity on the site, in particular for the management of hulls, structure and tests