Context and challenges
The customer, which is a leading aviation group, wanted to invest in an industrial system for the manufacture and assembly of aeroplanes in India.
To meet environmental challenges, the building must have low energy consumption thanks to complete sun protection and extensive use of natural lighting.
Another special feature of the project is that flooding risks must be accounted for, due to the country's climate.
One of the major challenges is the construction of an arched roof spanning 75 m to make the building fully modular. This arched roof has a metallic framework covered with a filtering skin.
The client called on Assystem to design and oversee construction of the building.
- Conceptual studies in order to sign agreement with a general construction contractor:
- Architectural integration, landscaping
- Civil and structural engineering
- Electricity, HVAC, plumbing
- Formalities to obtain work permits and negotiations with Indian authorities
- PMC on construction phases through to commissioning:
- Worksite and HSE management
- Verification of construction quality
- Testing and acceptance
- Indian regulations and local customs taken into account as far upstream as possible to enable better anticipation of project activities
- Indian skills, in particular from Assystem, taken into account to facilitate communication between interfaces
- Creation of a BIM model providing a 3D view of project
- Specific know-how delivered, in particular to reduce the building's energy consumption, and calculation of ROI corresponding to the savings generated
50,000m² surface area
75metres arched roof spanning