Context and challenges
The Banking sector is facing huge changes, due both to the increasing digitialisation of financial transactions and the changes being brought by the industry’s stakeholders.
This fiduciary centre needed to establish a new generation banknote sorting center, which would be rolled-out on the territory. This center needed to be particularly secured, fully automated, allowing to sort 300 million banknotes per year.
The goal of this project were to:
- Improve productivity thanks to the automation of processes
- Delete time-consuming tasks thanks to the robotisation of several stages of the notes chain processes
- Offer a better service offer to clients
The client appointed Assystem as their EPCm (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management) consultant for this construction project of new fiduciary centre concept.
Assystem was responsible for the full EPCm of the project, from initial draft proposals through to commissioning. This involved:
- Developing solutions, frequently bound within conflicting constraints and needs, such as:
-Building a highly secured facility
- Ensuring smooth process flow
- Taking into account ergonomics and comfort of the operators, plant operability and maintainability, etc.
- Optimising solutions to achieve high levels of productivity through process automation
- Overcoming space constraints to achieve functional and ergonomic workspaces
- Maintaining levels of safety and security, appropriate to the different types of threats
- Adopting a truly environmental approach, complying with HQE best practice
Full BIM (Building Information Modelling) development for this project.
- First automated fiduciary center at European level
- High level of security, thank to a new defense concept:
- upstream flow control with a screening building (where vehicules and cash carriers are strictly checked)
- building resistance set to withstand a high intensity attack
- full site CCTV and detection of all threats with leading edge devices
- Compliance with safety needs – which require the building to lock down from inside
- Specific focus on attention to Well Being at Work
- Building delivery in line with initial schedule
- This building is equipped with a high level of safety and security
- HQE certification for conception phase from Certivéa (energy consumption corresponding to level RT2012 - 30%.