CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
As part of a Transport Works Act Order (TWAO), the client - a British railway network company - is responsible for the construction of a new station with two storeys and four platforms on the West Anglia main line, close to the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
The new station will link the campus to new destinations, as well as providing access to a booming economic region. It will also help relieve congestion on the local area by supporting the development of environmentally sustainable transport in Cambridge.
Assystem’s consultants have delivered two rounds of public consultation and were responsible for the delivery of the application, order period and public inquiry for the Transport Works Act Order (TWAO) that was given consent in December 2022.
Our teams were also responsible for the following tasks:
- Discharge of Planning Conditions ahead of and during construction
- Stakeholder interface management with key influential stakeholders, statutory utilities providers and landowners.
- Assist in ensuring the key environmental designs are delivered on time and in collaboration with the wider design team, including engineering disciplines.
- Management, verification and validation of design changes with evidence.
- Work collaboratively with design, environmental and construction teams in order to meet programme.
- Extensive knowledge of TWAO delivery and requirements
- Working collaboratively with the wider project team to engage with key stakeholders and progress & resolve a wide range of fundamental issues