Context and challenges
This project refers to the construction of residential housing and community buildings for an industrial city. In fact, this location in Saudi Arabia had to be transformed into an industrial city, with facilities and infrastructures required to welcome more than a hundred-thousand people. The client, a major company in the mining industry in Saudi Arabia, was managing the whole project.
The first phase included the engineering, the procurement and the construction of primary roads, utilities, residential community, commercial and government facilities to support the new industrial city.
Assystem has been appointed by the client to prepare preliminary and detailed design for this project.
Preliminary design and detailed engineering design for the residential community buildings and facilities along with all supporting utilities and infrastructure, required for the project and commensurate with the following packages:
- Overall site grading
- Primary roads, utilities and infrastructure including site works, road and utilities for the city center
- Secondary roads, utilities and infrastructure associated with defined scope, including but not limited to wastewater treatment plant and potable water treatment plant along with their respective access roads and pipe work network connections
- Residential and non residential buildings
- Secondary roads, utilities and infrastructure required for scope of work
- Between 1,000 to 5,000 residential units (family villas, family apartments, single apartments, studios)
- Several buildings in the community facilities area: boys school/girl school, mosque, commercial building, fuel station (land location only), fire / civil defense station, public clinic, community center