Context and challenges
This client is a consortium responsible for the design and the construction of a French high-speed train line between two large cities.
The new line crosses 3 regions of France, 6 departments and 113 municipalities. This project is the biggest infrastructure project in Europe, and is strategic to reinforce territory attractiveness and development.
The client's needs for this project were:
- Setting-up of the tools and methodologies for planning of the design studies and construction phases
- Developing and monitoring of the project schedule on an ongoing basis
This client requested Assystem to manage the scheduling of the construction stage for the project.
- Implementation of the schedule management plan
- Establishment of the work flow chart (WBS) for the project
- Development of the project programme for the design and construction stages (master planning and detailed planning)
- Implementation of progress indicators
- Monitoring of project progress in comparison with the schedule
- Gap analysis and proposals for schedule optimisation
- Follow-up and management of the modifications
- Risk management for deadlines compliance
- Scheduling draft with planning assumptions
- Scheduling on a common platform (Primavera) for the 5 consortiums and 17 partners and definition of common methodology for the schedules development (structure, coding ...)
- 450 highway civil engineering structures, including 24 viaducts and 6 covered trenches; 100,000 tons of cabling
- 50 millions cubic metres of excavated material; 36 millions cubic metres of embankments and fortifications; 3 millions tons of ballast; 1.1 million tons of concrete sleepers; and 13,000 catenary supports
302kms of new high-speed train line
40connections with existing lines
18 Mof passengers expected