Context and challenges
Hygenco, a leader in solar energy development and an Engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts player in renewable energy in India, recently signed the first long-term green hydrogen supply contract (20-year contract) with Jindal Stainless, one of the leading stainless steel companies in India.
The contract calls for the construction of a green hydrogen plant in the northern state of Haryana with a target commissioning date of Q3 2023.
Hygenco has contracted our subsidiary, Assystem STUP, for infrastructure design, procurement, construction supervision, and commissioning. If delivered as per client’s expectations, then Assystem STUP will be mandated with four additional projects for green hydrogen production.
- Review of design
- Engineering and procurement
- Construction supervision: Supervision of civil construction and of critical equipment installation on civil foundation at site
- Project level financial services: Schedule and cost management for the project,
- Assistance in pre-commissioning and commissioning of the Plant
- Clash detection report and BOQ (Bill of Quantities) to be generated out of BIM
- Carrying out safety studies such as HAZOP (HAZard and OPerability analysis) study
- Assistance in statutory compliances
- The plant will produce green hydrogen, which is expected to reduce the client’s carbon emissions by around 2,700 metric tonnes per annum
- The client will receive LoD (Level of Detail) 400/500 in BIM model, which will simplify their Operations & Management