Context and challenges
As part of a grand urbanisation program, this client launched a major project to expand the residential zones. These projects deal with the development of thousands of hectares of land for building various housing estates, expansion of existing residential areas, provision of healthcare, educational facilities & sports buildings and the installation of utilities.
This extension of the housing facilities throughout the existing industrialized towns has been extremely complicated and involved strengthening and expanding the existing structures, diverting utilities, protecting existing utilities, strengthening of roads and pathways, raising and relocating overhead power lines, and demolishing and reconstructing existing structures.
In this context, this client appointed Assystem to handle the engineering design of this project.
- Development of all engineering and design activities to prepare and support a detail design package for the installation of infrastructure necessary to fulfill the requirements of the project
- Preparation of a detailed engineering design study and tendering package documents for utilities upgrade and reinforcements required
- Grading of all utilities for interfacing with the various areas
Industrial design deals with:
- Primary site development, including potable water and irrigation water pumping stations, telecom exchange building
- Districts development
Security Requirements for the industrial area
- Time and money savings for the client thanks to efficient management of interfaces and fast decision making, Assystem having a specific positioning, working with this client for the building and infrastructures scope.
- The project represented approximately 1,825 working days, for 85 engineers, giving 1.4 million hours, involving Assystem teams for developing the infrastructure design for the new city.