Context and challenges
This client, a major player in the nuclear sector, launched a several million euros major digitalization campaign in early 2016 to facilitate EPR (European Pressurized Reactor) commissioning tests and processing of its facility upgrades.
A collaborative tool adapted from PLM software was introduced. It incorporates all exploitable data for the complete test cycle (preparation, intervention, analysis, control, validation and capitalisation).
This new operating mode is tasked with:
- Standardising the industrial methods and knowledge tools
- Facilitating staff mobility and real-time progress reports from the field
- Compiling, centralising and controlling accessibility of data between the many stakeholders
- Creating an individualised and long-lasting database
With these goals in mind, the client called on Assystem to provide Project Management Office (PMO) assistance and support on the production launch of this digitalization solution.
- Draft specifications
- Define functional needs
- Validate functional specifications
- Draft acceptance specifications
- Manage discrepancies and modifications during startup
- Monitor system conformity
- Coordinate and conduct startup tests, in Desktop and Mobility modes on worksite
- Deliver change management through all project phases
- Increased productivity and operational efficiency though effective control of the client's test methodology
- Increased process reliability and user loyalty through our experience in preparing and supporting technical activities and verifications
- Responsiveness and availability of project teams through an integrated platform set-up
- Robust solutions proposed based on our experience in information systems and PMO assistance